Nielsen reports that Google is still the top web brand in 2011, followed by Facebook, which is where Americans spend the most time online. According to Nielsen’s Q3 social media report, Facebook users spent 53.5 billion minutes on the site in May 2011. (I bet I work with some of those Facebook enthusiasts.) It is also the top social networking site through mobile devices: 46,500,000 unique audience members.
Hot right now
- Astute. RT @JasonHirschhorn: Hey @tumblr kids! Want to hang out with your parents now?~ 1 day ago
- Photo: Gives new meaning to carry-on luggage. tmblr.co/ZZYv6wlOKipi~ 1 day ago
- Photo: Orono, Maine. 2013. #signs #hair #marketing #travel tmblr.co/ZZYv6wlEEICV~ 3 days ago
- Merci! #ff @franster23 @CaylaMichelleC @SwiftSwords73 @BobbiLurie @Paul_Conrad @tayari @bob_ham @ourhonordefend @willie_t_smith @page88~ 3 days ago
- Photo: Bangor airport. 2013. The beautiful skylight sculptures are deceptively simple, constructed of... tmblr.co/ZZYv6wlCojbH~ 3 days ago
- @MichelleCMariea Thanks so much, Michelle! It was most excellent! (I tried to reply yesterday, but I lost connectivity.)~ 3 days ago
- Photo: Digital casualty. Portland, Maine. 2013. tmblr.co/ZZYv6wlBQam0~ 3 days ago
- Photo: Be beautiful wherever you are. (at UMaine Museum of Art) tmblr.co/ZZYv6wl9F6K2~ 4 days ago
- Be beautiful wherever you are. @ UMaine Museum of Art instagram.com/p/ZZR4WNILLJ/~ 4 days ago
- @Turntablez Thanks, pal! :)~ 4 days ago
No, really, who’s J?
Editor. Writer. Consultant.
I'm an editor and writer with certifications in public relations and e-Commerce. I also have a background in information technology. (In another life, I was a systems analyst.)
When I'm not editing copy for USA TODAY, I write an occasional short story or poem. My work has appeared in Calliope and the feminist journal So to Speak, and I'm a regular flash-fiction contributor to Paragraph Planet and Doorknobs & Bodypaint. Also on occasion, I interview editors for The Review Review, a comprehensive guide to literary journals and the people who produce them.
My points-of-view are collected on such esteemed outlets as Wordpress, Facebook and Twitter. The views expressed here and elsewhere are mine, not my employers'.
I live in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., with my husband, Trey, our Shetland Sheepdog, and two unhelpful-but-funny cats.