Super Bowl ZZZZ: My Top 5 ad picks
ED’S NOTE: This post reflects my interest as a marketing student in advertising, promotion, search-engine optimization, and viral marketing. No agencies or products are endorsed. The opinions expressed here are mine and in no way reflect the opinions of my employers.
More insight-packed, 30-seconds-or-less commentary to come. This is just a quick-and-dirty roundup.
1. Doritos’ “Man Best Friend” because dog murderers are just really funny sometimes.
2. Chevy’s “Happy Grad” because I love it when the hopes and dreams of a young graduate are killed and buried under a tsunami of disappointment and tears — sooner rather than later.
3. “Cheetah” because the closed-captioning script for the Hyundai Veloster Turbo commercial included the line: “Friend girly screams.”
4. Suzuki’s “Sled” with 50 Cent – because it has fluffy doggies and Fiddy. What more could I ask for?
5. And finally — perhaps my fave — Skechers’ “Go run, Mr. Quiggly!” – because the dog replaced a no-talent Kardashian.
RELATED: Volkswagen 2012 Game Day commercial.
ALSO RELATED: FERRIS BUELLER TAKES ANOTHER DAY OFF – WITH A HONDA CRV
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Hot right now
- For my ex-@citizentimes peeps who also worked the Rudolph case>10 years later: The rookie cop who caught Eric Rudolph yhoo.it/14IaEgv~ 6 hours ago
- RT @yoyoha: "I love you but I will never let you send me push notifications" – heart to heart I just had with my phone~ 19 hours ago
- @treybarrineau Who has time to read it? Or the attention span? (Kidding.)~ 1 day ago
- For #foodies. Hero in Ohio kidnap case to get burgers for life: "We want to honor our local hero with local food," usat.ly/10W8LZU~ 1 day ago
- @CaseyBlakeACT Fantastic pic! Y'all should use it on the website!~ 1 day ago
- @aprilswindow @TriadFoodies I won't be there in time, but yes, definitely @TacoBell for at least one meal!~ 1 day ago
- @Vacation_Mamma @bathmaine Thanks for the RTs! We loved our stop in Bath!~ 1 day ago
- Might pack our #Sheltie and go! RT @sandyblock: Planning to visit Mt. Vernon this weekend? You can bring your dog! ow.ly/lk6n3~ 1 day ago
- @triadfoodies @aprilswindow I'm not sure @maryvale @TacoBell can make it. ;) I don't think they'll be with us. Will DM you.~ 1 day ago
- @laurenthewhite5 Rockin' to the oldies!~ 1 day ago
No, really, who’s J?
Editor. Writer. Consultant.
I'm an editor and writer with certifications in public relations and e-Commerce. I also have a background in information technology. (In another life, I was a systems analyst.)
When I'm not editing copy for USA TODAY, I write an occasional short story or poem. My work has appeared in Calliope and the feminist journal So to Speak, and I'm a regular flash-fiction contributor to Paragraph Planet and Doorknobs & Bodypaint. Also on occasion, I interview editors for The Review Review, a comprehensive guide to literary journals and the people who produce them.
My points-of-view are collected on such esteemed outlets as Wordpress, Facebook and Twitter. The views expressed here and elsewhere are mine, not my employers'.
I live in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., with my husband, Trey, our Shetland Sheepdog, and two unhelpful-but-funny cats.