Super Bowl ZZZZ: My Top 5 ad picks
ED’S NOTE: This post reflects my interest as a marketing student in advertising, promotion, search-engine optimization, and viral marketing. No agencies or products are endorsed. The opinions expressed here are mine and in no way reflect the opinions of my employers.
More insight-packed, 30-seconds-or-less commentary to come. This is just a quick-and-dirty roundup.
1. Doritos’ “Man Best Friend” because dog murderers are just really funny sometimes.
2. Chevy’s “Happy Grad” because I love it when the hopes and dreams of a young graduate are killed and buried under a tsunami of disappointment and tears — sooner rather than later.
3. “Cheetah” because the closed-captioning script for the Hyundai Veloster Turbo commercial included the line: “Friend girly screams.”
4. Suzuki’s “Sled” with 50 Cent – because it has fluffy doggies and Fiddy. What more could I ask for?
5. And finally — perhaps my fave — Skechers’ “Go run, Mr. Quiggly!” – because the dog replaced a no-talent Kardashian.
RELATED: Volkswagen 2012 Game Day commercial.
ALSO RELATED: FERRIS BUELLER TAKES ANOTHER DAY OFF – WITH A HONDA CRV
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Hot right now
- Photo: Orono, Maine. 2013. #signs #hair #marketing #travel tmblr.co/ZZYv6wlEEICV~ 1 day ago
- Merci! #ff @franster23 @CaylaMichelleC @SwiftSwords73 @BobbiLurie @Paul_Conrad @tayari @bob_ham @ourhonordefend @willie_t_smith @page88~ 2 days ago
- Photo: Bangor airport. 2013. The beautiful skylight sculptures are deceptively simple, constructed of... tmblr.co/ZZYv6wlCojbH~ 2 days ago
- @MichelleCMariea Thanks so much, Michelle! It was most excellent! (I tried to reply yesterday, but I lost connectivity.)~ 2 days ago
- Photo: Digital casualty. Portland, Maine. 2013. tmblr.co/ZZYv6wlBQam0~ 2 days ago
- Photo: Be beautiful wherever you are. (at UMaine Museum of Art) tmblr.co/ZZYv6wl9F6K2~ 2 days ago
- Be beautiful wherever you are. @ UMaine Museum of Art instagram.com/p/ZZR4WNILLJ/~ 2 days ago
- @Turntablez Thanks, pal! :)~ 3 days ago
- Happy birthday to me! (@ Sea Dog Brewing) on #Yelp yelp.com/biz/sea-dog-br…~ 3 days ago
- Acadia. Blue Hill overlook. vine.co/v/bEhQTBm93V9~ 4 days ago
No, really, who’s J?
Editor. Writer. Consultant.
I'm an editor and writer with certifications in public relations and e-Commerce. I also have a background in information technology. (In another life, I was a systems analyst.)
When I'm not editing copy for USA TODAY, I write an occasional short story or poem. My work has appeared in Calliope and the feminist journal So to Speak, and I'm a regular flash-fiction contributor to Paragraph Planet and Doorknobs & Bodypaint. Also on occasion, I interview editors for The Review Review, a comprehensive guide to literary journals and the people who produce them.
My points-of-view are collected on such esteemed outlets as Wordpress, Facebook and Twitter. The views expressed here and elsewhere are mine, not my employers'.
I live in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., with my husband, Trey, our Shetland Sheepdog, and two unhelpful-but-funny cats.