Allstate’s Soya La Mala Suerte: At the repair shop
Allstate’s Hispanic counterpart to “Mayhem,” Soya La Mala Suerte, has a new 30-second spot that puts an unlucky driver at the mercy of the guys at the repair shop. Soya La Mala Suerte greets the car owner with substandard insurance at the shop, and then appears on the bus that the man has to take as he leaves the shop.
The ad closes with the tag line:
La Mala Suerte se puede cruzar en tu camino en cualquier momento.
¿Estás en buenas manos?
At the time of this writing, the clip on YouTube, posted Jan. 25, had 182 views, 0 likes, and 2 dislikes. There was one lone comment. (But it’s early still.)
The only YouTube comment (so far):
Bueno. I like this one he’s more sinister that the Anglo Mayhem. Subtle.
Interesting observation, jackrubyuk. Makes me wish I understood Spanish.
On the Soy La Mala Suerte (“I am Bad Luck”) Facebook page, the ad hadn’t been shared yet. As for the character’s page itself, 99, 284 (up from 96,525 Dec. 22) like the page and 1,928 were talking about it.
EARLIER: Soy La Mala Suerte: Billboard
RELATED: 2010′s Holiday Mayhem
ALSO RELATED: Mayhem is the Sexiest GPS Alive
EARLIER: Mommy! Mayhem needs a sippie cup!
EARLIER (AND FUNNIER): Mayhem: ‘I’m a raccoon’
AND EVEN EARLIER: Hot Jogger, Teen Driver and more!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Hot right now
- Photo: Orono, Maine. 2013. #signs #hair #marketing #travel tmblr.co/ZZYv6wlEEICV~ 16 hours ago
- Merci! #ff @franster23 @CaylaMichelleC @SwiftSwords73 @BobbiLurie @Paul_Conrad @tayari @bob_ham @ourhonordefend @willie_t_smith @page88~ 19 hours ago
- Photo: Bangor airport. 2013. The beautiful skylight sculptures are deceptively simple, constructed of... tmblr.co/ZZYv6wlCojbH~ 22 hours ago
- @MichelleCMariea Thanks so much, Michelle! It was most excellent! (I tried to reply yesterday, but I lost connectivity.)~ 1 day ago
- Photo: Digital casualty. Portland, Maine. 2013. tmblr.co/ZZYv6wlBQam0~ 1 day ago
- Photo: Be beautiful wherever you are. (at UMaine Museum of Art) tmblr.co/ZZYv6wl9F6K2~ 1 day ago
- Be beautiful wherever you are. @ UMaine Museum of Art instagram.com/p/ZZR4WNILLJ/~ 1 day ago
- @Turntablez Thanks, pal! :)~ 2 days ago
- Happy birthday to me! (@ Sea Dog Brewing) on #Yelp yelp.com/biz/sea-dog-br…~ 2 days ago
- Acadia. Blue Hill overlook. vine.co/v/bEhQTBm93V9~ 3 days ago
No, really, who’s J?
Editor. Writer. Consultant.
I'm an editor and writer with certifications in public relations and e-Commerce. I also have a background in information technology. (In another life, I was a systems analyst.)
When I'm not editing copy for USA TODAY, I write an occasional short story or poem. My work has appeared in Calliope and the feminist journal So to Speak, and I'm a regular flash-fiction contributor to Paragraph Planet and Doorknobs & Bodypaint. Also on occasion, I interview editors for The Review Review, a comprehensive guide to literary journals and the people who produce them.
My points-of-view are collected on such esteemed outlets as Wordpress, Facebook and Twitter. The views expressed here and elsewhere are mine, not my employers'.
I live in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., with my husband, Trey, our Shetland Sheepdog, and two unhelpful-but-funny cats.