A honey-sweet alternative to the Xoom?
Acer announced the April 24 release of its 10-inch Honeycomb tablet, the Iconia Tab A500, priced at a-not-unreasonable $450. With nearly identical hardware specs and $150 cheaper than the pricey Motorola Xoom’s, ZDNet is hailing the A500 as “Xoom Light.” The bad news? It has half the flash storage. Still, not a bad deal if you want to test drive Honeycomb and don’t want to sell your soul to do it.
You can preorder the A500 at Best Buy.
The Iconia Tab A500 at a glance:
- Weight: 1.7 lbs.
- Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
- 1.0GHz processing speed
- 1GB DDR2 memory
- 16GB eMMC on-board memory
- 4G LTE connectivity
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 5MP rear camera
- Supports microSD up to 32GB
- High-speed USB 2.0 port
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Hot right now
- Many thanks! @franster23 @josephrbates @alienvsrobbins @thefulmerwriter @page88 @dale_neal @AndyParas @TweetsOfGrass @treybarrineau~ 19 hours ago
- For my ex-@citizentimes peeps who also worked the Rudolph case>10 years later: The rookie cop who caught Eric Rudolph yhoo.it/14IaEgv~ 1 day ago
- RT @yoyoha: "I love you but I will never let you send me push notifications" – heart to heart I just had with my phone~ 1 day ago
- @treybarrineau Who has time to read it? Or the attention span? (Kidding.)~ 1 day ago
- For #foodies. Hero in Ohio kidnap case to get burgers for life: "We want to honor our local hero with local food," usat.ly/10W8LZU~ 1 day ago
- @CaseyBlakeACT Fantastic pic! Y'all should use it on the website!~ 2 days ago
- @aprilswindow @TriadFoodies I won't be there in time, but yes, definitely @TacoBell for at least one meal!~ 2 days ago
- @Vacation_Mamma @bathmaine Thanks for the RTs! We loved our stop in Bath!~ 2 days ago
- Might pack our #Sheltie and go! RT @sandyblock: Planning to visit Mt. Vernon this weekend? You can bring your dog! ow.ly/lk6n3~ 2 days ago
- @triadfoodies @aprilswindow I'm not sure @maryvale @TacoBell can make it. ;) I don't think they'll be with us. Will DM you.~ 2 days ago
No, really, who’s J?
Editor. Writer. Consultant.
I'm an editor and writer with certifications in public relations and e-Commerce. I also have a background in information technology. (In another life, I was a systems analyst.)
When I'm not editing copy for USA TODAY, I write an occasional short story or poem. My work has appeared in Calliope and the feminist journal So to Speak, and I'm a regular flash-fiction contributor to Paragraph Planet and Doorknobs & Bodypaint. Also on occasion, I interview editors for The Review Review, a comprehensive guide to literary journals and the people who produce them.
My points-of-view are collected on such esteemed outlets as Wordpress, Facebook and Twitter. The views expressed here and elsewhere are mine, not my employers'.
I live in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., with my husband, Trey, our Shetland Sheepdog, and two unhelpful-but-funny cats.